by Keziah Leena Peters
Lemon, a product that is so versatile that it can come in handy in almost everything. It can be used as a cleaning agent, a medicine, a disinfectant, and a beauty treatment. Imagine all that in one product and not just that, you can eat it, drink its juice and even extract the essential oil from it. It is available all around the world, comes attractively packaged, and it totally inexpensive, infect you may even have one in your refrigerator right now!
Lemon trees don’t require a lot of space to grow. For dwarf lemon trees, even a sunny balcony is enough, as they can be grown in pots. Dwarf lemon trees are beautifully ornamental. A sunny, wind-free spot may be perfect for lemon trees, as they need to soak up the warmth to grow. However, they should be covers or brought indoors during winters.
We all know lemons are used in edibles. Some use a few drops of its juice in cake recopies, others use its zest. Some may like extracting its juice for lemonade and some may even put a slice of lemon in a cup of tea. Lemon had endless uses in cooking, but you ever tried using lemon juice as a disinfectant or to help remove stains?
Instead of using detergents for cleaning and disinfecting chopping boards, some use a half lemon and just rub it through their board. A mixture of baking soda may be very helpful in cleaning the stains on a sink.
How lemon benefits in the kitchen?
- Keeping a half-cut lemon in your refrigerator or dishwasher helps prevent bad odor and keeps your appliances smelling fresh.
- If you have some dull pots and pans, you can make then shine again, by just rubbing a half-cut lemon all over them(buff with a soft cloth afterward)
- Cutting boards mostly smell, and why is that? Because they assist you in doing so much, from chopping onions and garlic to cutting raw and cooked meat. To get rid of the odor, you can take a half lemon and rub it all over the board and wash afterward.
- If you are tired of the ants bugging you all-around your house, you know who to turn to. Lemon! What you have to do is just squirt the juice on windows and into the holes where you mostly see the ants getting in, and they will get the message.
- If you don’t want your potatoes and cauliflower to lose color and turn brown while boiling, just squeeze a little lemon juice in the cooking water and you will be able to keep their original white color.
- Tired of soggy lettuce? You will not be needing to throw them out into the trash anymore, you can toss them into your salad or burger instead, by putting a bowl of water with a teaspoon of lemon juice, along with your lettuce into the refrigerator for one hour. Poof! You have some crispy lettuce to serve.
- Now this one would interest people who find it hard keeping their rice fluffy and beautiful. All you have to do is add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the boiling water while cooking. When the rice is done, cool for a few minutes, this will prevent them from sticking tighter in a gloppy mass.
How to benefits lemon for Beauty?
- Pampering your hands without manicure is now possible. All you have to do is add the juice of half a lemon to a cup of warm water and soak your fingers in the mixture for 5 minutes. Rub a lemon peel on your nails after you take them out of the warm water.
- Dealing with liver spots and freckles? Do not worry. Just a little lemon would do the trick. Apply lemon juice directly to the area and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse your skin clean afterward.
- Draw blackheads out naturally just by dabbing lemon juice on them during the day.
- Wash your skin with lemon juice and it will work as a cleanser and will help exfoliate.
- Lemon juice can also male scaly dandruff disappear. Just massage two tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and rinse. Also, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in one cup of water and rinse your hair with it. Keep up the regimen until all the dandruff is gone.
- Kiss goodbye to dry scaly elbows, mix lemon juice with baking soda, run on your elbows and it will work as a soothing, smoothing, and exfoliating treatment.
Now you see, when life gives you lemons, you can do more than make lemonade!
Imagine a product this versatile, but for some, it’s an allergen, so make sure you are not allergic to lemons before you start enjoying the many benefits.