20 C
Lahore
Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Behave else we go for lock-down again: Dr Zafar Mirza

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -spot_img

Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr. Zafar Mirza has hinted that the government may go for the lock-down option if people would not follow the measures set by the government and world health authorities.

Dr. Zafar Mirza said in a press briefing in Islamabad on Monday that the number of coronavirus cases and death may increase to an alarming level if people would not adopt the precautionary measures properly.

He added that the government will analyze the situation after Eid and if it is needed, lock-down will be implemented again in Pakistan.

He also said that this impression is totally false that COVID-19 is not spreading anymore in Pakistan; it is still very much there and everybody needs to be careful.

There is also a rumor that coronavirus is there till Eid and after Eid, there is no pandemic like that, he said adding that this perception is also absolutely false and, in fact, this virus is spreading very speedily.

Warning people against the worsening situation, he said that if people would not be cautious, this pandemic can result in a big tragedy here in Pakistan.

Narrating the statistics of the coronavirus, he said that so far 55 million people are infected by this disease while almost 350,000 have died globally.

He added that the good thing is that millions of people have recovered from this disease too by quarantining themselves properly.

He also said that majority of the cases in Pakistan are mild in nature and they should stay at home quarantine until they are tested negative.

At least 112 patients of Covid-19 in Pakistan are in critical condition and this number is increasing day by day as people are not taking this disease seriously, he added.

He stressed that the only way to control the spread of this pandemic is to stay at home as much as possible and adopt all the precautionary measures like wearing masks and gloves, washing and sanitizing hands and practicing social distancing while going out.

Earlier on Monday, Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar also expressed his concerns over the worsening situation of Covid-19 in Pakistan.

He said that the government is literally concerned over the SOP violations on Chaand Raat and Eid.

He said that the provincial government is monitoring the situation and further decisions will be made after analyzing the situation in the province.

On the other hand, Sindh government spokesman Murtaza Wahab said on Monday that Sindh Government was not planning of imposing curfew in the province and all the propaganda being done on social media in this regard is absolutely false. He also said that people should not pay any attention to such false rumors.

However, he appealed to the nation to stay home and follow the precautionary measures set by the government. He also urged the citizens to support the government in this difficult time by behaving responsibly and adopting social distancing while going out if genuinely needed.

- Advertisement -spot_img
Fraaz Mahmud Kasurihttps://www.thewallet.com.pk
Fraaz Mahmud Kasuri is editor at The Wallet.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here